by John Salmon MD FRCS FRCOphth (Author)
Through eight outstanding editions, Kanski’s Clinical Ophthalmology has been the classic specialty textbook, providing the perfect ophthalmology foundation for trainees and a valuable reference source for experienced practitioners. Building on the previous edition by Dr. Brad Bowling, Dr. John Salmon from Oxford University has comprehensively revised the textbook. The 9th Edition retains Dr. Kanski’s highly effective format of succinct text and visually dynamic presentation, providing authoritative, focused guidance on the diagnosis and management of ophthalmic disorders. Extremely well organized and comprehensive in scope, this visually stunning book reflects the latest advances in the field, facilitating quick comprehension to enhance learning, aid exam preparation and guide clinical practice. As a general ophthalmic textbook, this is the gold standard.
- Uses targeted text, bulleted lists, tables, and visual aids to highlight salient points across all ophthalmology subspecialties.
- Includes 2,600 illustrations, including more than 1,000 new images of common and rare conditions and arrows to show the exact pathology.
- Features detailed updates on new therapeutic interventions for neurological disease and ocular tumours; new imaging techniques such as OCT, OCT angiography, and MRI; and new topics such as circadian rhythms, graft vs host disease and the effects of Ebola virus infection on the eye.
- Presents examination techniques in a new, separate chapter and contains new “tips” on key issues in every chapter.
- Provides up-to-date information on hot topics such as intravitreal treatment with anti-VEGF agents for macular disease, genetic advances in hereditary retinal dystrophies, the use of biological agents in the treatment of uveitis and scleritis and new surgical advances such as MIGS for glaucoma and limbal stem cell grafting.
- Publisher : Elsevier; 9th edition (December 27, 2019)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 956 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0702077119
- ISBN-13 : 978-0702077111
- ISBN-13 : 9780702077111
- eText ISBN: 9780702077135
- eText ISBN: 9780702077142