By Brian Leatherbarrow
The definitive resource on reconstructive and aesthetic oculofacial surgery
Oculoplastic Surgery, Third Edition, by Brian Leatherbarrow, reflects more than 25 years of experience and multidisciplinary collaboration in treating patients with a wide spectrum of oculoplastic, orbital, and lacrimal conditions. The third edition builds on the highly acclaimed prior editions, with expanded coverage of oculofacial surgery procedures and management of complications.
The book is pragmatically organized in seven sections and 29 chapters, starting with basic and applied anatomy, followed by procedure-specific sections on eyelid surgery, cosmetic surgery, orbital surgery, lacrimal surgery, anophthalmic socket surgery, and trauma. Updates include an expanded applied anatomy chapter, prevention and management of dermal filler complications, a new approach to the management of patients with acquired blepharoptosis, and the surgical approaches to optic nerve sheath fenestration.
- A focus on periocular anatomy and adjacent structures, with in-depth descriptions of applied anatomy for each procedure
- Discussion of pertinent clinical signs, investigations, surgical indications, important technical considerations, and complications
- Lavishly illustrated with more than 800 color photos and exceptional computer-generated artist drawings
- Numerous surgical videos enhance understanding of procedures such as Müller’s muscle resection, levator advancement, upper and lower lid blepharoplasty, entropion and ectropion surgery, enucleation of the eye, dermis fat graft harvesting, structural fat grafting, endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy, Lester Jones tube insertion, temporal direct brow lift, and more
Pragmatic and visually stunning, this is a must-have oculoplastic surgery resource for ophthalmologists. Residents and practitioners in plastic surgery, maxillofacial surgery, ENT surgery, dermatology, radiology, and neurosurgery will also greatly benefit from this remarkable resource.
- Publisher : Thieme; 3rd edition (October 4, 2019)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 716 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1626236895
- ISBN-13 : 978-1626236899