By Kuldev Singh, William E. Smiddy, Andrew G. Lee
Real-world ophthalmology patient management cases provide a solid foundation of clinical knowledge
Ophthalmology Review: A Case-Study Approach, Second Edition by renowned experts Kuldev Singh, William Smiddy, and Andrew Lee is a practical, case-based reference covering a wide array of common to serious ophthalmic conditions encountered in daily practice. The new edition reflects significant advances in ophthalmologic surgery and additional quick-reference material. The focus is on patient management problems and how to handle them and optimally manage the patient. A cadre of esteemed contributors discuss diagnostic methods, evaluation, contraindications, and patient management issues for a full spectrum of clinical disorders, with significant clinical pearls gleaned from hands-on expertise.
A full spectrum of subspecialties are reflected in nearly 100 ophthalmology cases presented in 11 sections, encompassing the cornea and external disease, lens, glaucoma, retina, uveitis, tumors, posterior segment complications, ocular trauma, neuro-ophthalmology, pediatrics, and oculoplastic surgery. Each succinct case walks readers step by step through patient history, the examination, differential diagnoses, test interpretation, definitive diagnosis, medical and/or surgical management, rehabilitation, and follow up, with handy key point summaries.
- Hundreds of tables, full-color images, and line drawings enhance clinical understanding
- Presents patient management problems, focusing on diagnosis, problem-solving, and treatment
- Disorders of the retina such as diabetic retinopathy, retinal vein and artery occlusion, AMD, myopic degeneration, chorioretinopathy, vitreous hemorrhage, and retinitis pigmentosa
- Neuro-ophthalmologic conditions including optic neuritis, various types of nerve palsy, internuclear ophthalmoplegia, and anisocoria
- Pediatric eye conditions — from leukocoria and torticollis — to optic nerve hypoplasia
This is an essential exam review resource for ophthalmology residents… Its systematic approach provides an ideal teaching tool for ophthalmologists to use in courses and grand rounds.
- Publisher : Thieme; 2nd edition (November 1, 2018)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 330 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1626231761
- ISBN-13 : 978-1626231764