An essential resource for both general ophthalmologists and pediatric and retina specialists, Pediatric Retina, Third Edition, offers a comprehensive overview of all aspects of diagnosis and treatment of major medical and surgical diseases in this challenging field. Dr. Mary Elizabeth Hartnett, along with internationally acclaimed physicians, surgeons, and scientists, guides you through today’s best practices for retinal diseases in infants and children. Hundreds of superb, full-color images (many new to this edition), as well as clinical videos online, provide clear visual support.
- Covers the development of the eye and retina, relevant basic/translational science, telemedicine, international ophthalmology, and international approaches to care with focus on retinopathy of prematurity.
- Includes new and expanded information on pediatric retinal imaging, genetics, pathophysiology of disease, clinical diagnostics, and care including surgery, gene therapy, and methods to restore vision.
- Features an atlas of retinal images grouped by fundus appearance to aid in diagnosis.
- Discusses advances in posterior segment imaging with spectral domain hand-held OCT, along with endoscope in vitreoretinal surgery.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
- Hardcover:1088 pages
- Publisher:LWW; Third Edition (October 10, 2020)