David F. Chang MD (Author)
If you are concerned you may have cataracts or have been diagnosed with them—get detailed and understandable answers to your questions with Cataracts: A Patient’s Guide to Treatment, Second Edition.
Even though cataract surgery is performed several million times a year, it is common for patients to have questions, concerns, and misconceptions when it comes to surgery.
One of the country’s foremost cataract experts, Dr. David F. Chang, walks the patient through the procedure and explains why cataracts form, how they are diagnosed, how they are treated, and what other eye conditions may affect cataract surgery.
A few of the questions answered inside Cataracts: A Patient’s Guide, Second Edition:
• How are cataracts diagnosed?
• How do I know if I should have cataract surgery?
• What kind of anesthesia is used during surgery?
• Which of the intraocular lens implant options should I choose?
• What is the role of lasers in cataract surgery?
• What is the recovery like after surgery?
• Will I still need glasses or contacts after surgery?
• Can I have surgery if I have glaucoma or other eye conditions?
After reading Cataracts: A Patient’s Guide, Second Edition, you will be able to make a well informed decision about cataract surgery, and will understand much more about the range of artificial lens implant options that can get you seeing clearer once again.
- Paperback: 144 pages
- Publisher: Slack Incorporated; Second Edition edition (October 15, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1617110388
- ISBN-13: 978-1617110382