This book presents a unique multidisciplinary approach to ophthalmic lens design, bridging the gap between clinical practice and engineering. It explores the latest advances in refractive correction, with a particular focus on current and future intraocular lenses, and covers challenges associated with premium features such as extended depth of focus and integrated functions.
Combining the expertise of physicists, ophthalmologists, and engineers, this text provides a comprehensive overview of both the clinical and technical aspects of eye optics. It enables readers from both medical and engineering backgrounds to effectively communicate their needs and solutions and collaborate effectively. Whether you’re involved in the design, manufacturing, or implantation of ophthalmic lenses, this book provides valuable insights and serves as a reference for professionals in the field.
Key features of the book include:
- Interdisciplinary content covering both engineering and clinical aspects of ophthalmic lens design
- Accessible approach suitable for physicists, engineers, and physicians alike
- Evaluation of design and manufacturing tools used in the industry
- Exploration of smart lens solutions
- Discussion of future trends in lenses with integrated features
- Publisher : Iop Publishing Ltd (July 30, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 400 pages