by Neil T. Choplin (Editor), Carlo E. Traverso (Editor)
Glaucoma affects all age groups and is a leading cause of blindness worldwide. It is imperative that practicing clinicians and surgeons recognize both primary and secondary glaucoma as well as cases of glaucoma associated with other disorders. Atlas of Glaucoma, Third Edition provides an in-depth review and analysis of the management of glaucoma and discusses research advancements that have resulted in the latest therapies.
Topics covered include:
- Classification of glaucoma
- Measurement of intraocular pressure and gonioscopy
- The optic nerve
- Psychophysical and electrophysiological testing in glaucoma
- Primary open-angle, secondary open-angle, and angle closure glaucomas
- Ocular blood flow and metabolism
- Medical therapy and surgical treatments
- Aqueous shunts
- Combined cataract and glaucoma surgery
- Treatment of developmental glaucoma
This colorful atlas contains detailed captions for each illustration, making it ideal for teaching purposes as well as a reference for the practicing ophthalmologist. The third edition also features an entirely new chapter on the techniques of various trabecular bypass procedures.
Glaucoma encompasses a wide variety of clinical entities, clinical findings, diagnostic techniques, and treatment options. This book presents a vast assemblage of insight from internationally recognized experts.
- ISBN-13: 9781482209211
- Publisher: CRC Press
- Publication date: 6/13/2014
- Edition description: Revised
- Edition number: 3
- Pages: 362