By Brijesh Takkar Rajvardhan Azad, Shorya Vardhan Azad
Basics of Vitrectomy is a guide for practicing retinal surgeons. Vitreo retinal surgery is an evolving skill that entails a steep learning curve for surgeons and this book is designed to help them in that process. It explains each surgical maneuver through explicit, step-by-step explanations and intra-operative photographs. Through this book, the authors have aimed at engaging surgeons in a pictorial journey that clarifies all their basic concepts and questions and helps them in the process of knowledge building.
- The book contains 14 chapters covering the history and basics of surgery, management of common diseaseslike retinal detachment, macular surgery, and diabetic retinopathy, and complex problems like ocular foreign body and retinopathy of prematurity.
- In addition to theoretical inputs, the book also includes important explanations related to instrumentation and complications.
- Each chapter includes surgical tips apart from detailed aspects of each specific case, surgical notes, complications and prognoses.
- Over 100 images have been arranged with care, in a sequential order to make the narrative self-explanatory.
- Publisher : Thieme Publishers (January 1, 2016)
- Language : English
- ISBN-10 : 9385062336
- ISBN-13 : 978-9385062339
- ISBN-13 : 9789385062339
- eText ISBN: 9789385062544