Glaucoma is a condition of the eye in which the optic nerve is damaged due to increased fluid pressure in the eye. Left untreated, the condition may lead to permanent blindness.
This book is a guide to the diagnosis and management of glaucoma.
Beginning with an overview of the condition and its symptoms, the following chapters cover diagnostic and treatment methods for different causes and types of glaucoma.
The text concludes with discussion on surgical management of glaucoma, through both filtration and lasers, and minimally invasive procedures.
A complete chapter is dedicated to childhood glaucoma.
Edited by internationally recognised specialists from around the world, the book is highly illustrated with clinical images, diagrams and tables. Key concepts are explained with the help of clinical cases.
- Comprehensive guide to the diagnosis and management of glaucoma
- Includes discussion on surgical management techniques
- Clinical cases help explain key concepts
- Internationally recognised editor and author team
- Item Weight:1.13 pounds
- Paperback:235 pages
- Product Dimensions:6.9 x 0.7 x 9.8 inches
- Publisher:Jp Medical Pub; 1st Edition (December 31, 2018)