by Noemi Lois, David Wong
In the ever-changing field of vitreo-retinal surgery, the factor that may best distinguish a great surgeon from a good one is the ability to avoid and manage complications. Within the pages of Complications of Vitreo-Retinal Surgery, readers will discover the practical information ophthalmic surgeons need to address a wide range of intra- and postoperative complications associated with vitreo-retinal surgery. The text addresses a broad range of complications, occurring in both established and emerging surgical techniques.
Each potential complication is analyzed in detail, including information on pathogenesis and risk factors. Chapters are organized by potential complication, with each addressed by a single contributing author as if he/she is the surgeon on the case. While created specifically for vitreo-retinal surgeons, this book will provide useful information for other members of the surgical team as well as for general ophthalmologists, residents, and optometrists who see patients before and after vitreo-retinal procedures.
This handy reference delivers…
• Detailed coverage addresses specific complications related to scleral buckling, pneumatic retinopexy, and 20-, 23-, and 25-gauge vitrectomy
• Expert contributors offer advice on avoidance and management of each complication, and offer guideposts for projected clinical outcomes.
• Bulleted points deliver clinical pearls on the prevention and management of specific complications.
• Real-world clinical scenarios provide practical, stepwise guidance in the management of each issue.
- ISBN-13: 9781451119381
- Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Publication date: 5/13/2013
- Pages: 528