by A.K. Gupta (Author), Krishna Vaitheeswaran (Author)
Contemporary Perspectives on Ophthalmology is a specialty text targeting all learners of modern-day ophthalmology, particularly who are making the first steps in the discovery of this vibrant branch of medicine after completing their general medicine course as undergraduates. Contemporary Ophthalmology as a branch of medicine has grown to enormous magnitudes in the last decade. Hence, the students need a comprehensive compilation detailing the updates in the subject for easy and quick perusal before their examination.
The current edition is completely redesigned, and many chapters are rewritten in order to make it relevant. Some of the key features include:
- Wide and comprehensive coverage of updated topics in all specialties of ophthalmology.
- Succinct and focused format for quick reading and understanding.
- Key updates on evolving topics such as refractive surgery, ocular therapeutics, stem cells and corneal surgery, advances in cataract surgery, glaucoma investigations and treatment, uveal disorders, retinal surgery, oculoplastic procedures and ocular trauma.
- Enhanced emphasis on diagnosis of ocular disorders and investigations.
- A chapter on community ophthalmology.
- A new chapter on statistics for core understanding required for research techniques.
- Many illustrations and artworks for better elucidation of key concepts.
- Videos on selected topics.
- Publisher : Elsevier India; 10th edition (April 22, 2019)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 734 pages
- ISBN-10 : 8131253554
- ISBN-13 : 978-8131253557
- ISBN-13 : 9788131253557
- eText ISBN: 9788131253564
- Item Weight : 4.42 pounds
- Dimensions : 7.87 x 5.51 x 1.57 inches