by T. Mark Johnson
Now in a revised and updated Second Edition, this handy guide to eye care uses evidence from the latest clinical trials to deliver practical advice directly applicable to the challenges of daily ophthalmic practice. Helpful illustrations and tables support the text and improve outcomes.
• Core content summarizes the major clinical trials in ophthalmology that support the current standard of care.
• Practical focus helps readers apply research findings to day-to-day practice.
• Logical organization guides readers from general epidemiology to disease-specific sections.
• Broad scope addresses the full range of ophthalmologic subspecialties—from treatment of corneal defects, glaucoma, and cataracts to management of vitreo-retinal disorders.
NEW in the Second Edition…
• Results from the latest clinical trials let readers put current findings into practice.
• Coverage of new pharmacologic agents broadens therapeutic choices.
• Three new chapters address arterial occlusive disease, non-exudative age-related macular degeneration, and biostatistics.
This volume offers every clinical ophthalmologist valuable guidance in implementing the results of the latest multicenter clinical trials in practice. Chapters on all major disease entities review all pertinent trials, bring these trials into a real-world setting, and show how the results should influence day-to-day patient management. Coverage includes diseases in all ophthalmologic subspecialties–cornea/external disease, glaucoma, retina, pediatric ophthalmology, ocular oncology, neuro-ophthalmology, and oculoplastics. More than 170 illustrations, 92 in full color, complement the text. General ophthalmologists will have at their fingertips, in an easily digestible format, the current standard of patient care across the spectrum of ophthalmology.
- ISBN-13: 9781451176384
- Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Publication date: 10/21/2013
- Edition description: New Edition
- Edition number: 2
- Pages: 448