by Tarek M. Shaarawy
As the irreversible effects of glaucoma can lead to blindness, there is high demand for early diagnosis and an ongoing need for practitioners to adopt new and evolving medical and surgical treatment options to improve patient outcomes. Glaucoma, Second Edition is the most comprehensive text and online resource in the field delivering expert guidance for the most timely and effective diagnosis and treatment of glaucoma – aimed at specialists, fellows and general ophthalmologists. More than 300 contributors from six continents provide a truly global perspective and explore new approaches in this user friendly reference which has been updated with enhanced images, more spotlights, new videos, and more.
• Get all the accuracy, expertise, and dependability you could ask for from leading specialists across six continents, for expert guidance and a fresh understanding of the subject.
• Develop a thorough, clinically relevant understanding of all aspects of adult and pediatric glaucoma in Volume One, and the latest diagnostic imaging techniques including ultrasound biomicroscopy and optical coherence tomography.
• Broaden your surgical repertoire with the latest surgical techniques – such as trabeculectomy, gonio-surgery, combined surgeries, and implant procedures – in Volume Two.
• Glean all essential, up-to-date, need-to-know information about stem cell research, gene transfer, and implants.
• Find answers fast thanks to a well-organized, user-friendly full-color layout.
• Access the complete contents online at Expert Consult.
• Stay at the forefront of your field with 10 brand new chapters on trending topics including: new surgical approaches such as trabectome and canoplasty; glaucoma implications in cataract and ocular surface disease; and, updates in the costs-effectiveness of medical management.
• Avoid pitfalls and achieve the best outcomes thanks to more than 40 brand new spotlight commentaries from key leaders providing added insight, tips and pearls of wisdom across varying hot topics and advances in the field.
• Refine and improve your surgical skills by watching over 50 video clips depicting the latest techniques and procedures including: new trabeculectomy methods, needling, implants, valve complications, and more.
• Prevent and plan for complications in advance by examining over 1,600 illustrations, photos and graphics (1,250 in color) capturing essential diagnostics techniques, imaging methods and surgical approaches.
• Grasp each procedure and review key steps quicklywith chapter summary boxes that provide at-a-glance quick comprehension of the key take away points.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should online access to the web site be discontinued.
- ISBN-13: 9780702051937
- Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date: 9/15/2014
- Edition number: 2
- Pages: 1416