Kanski’s Clinical Ophthalmology: A Systematic Approach, 9th Edition, is a renowned textbook that has established itself as a classic in the field of ophthalmology. This comprehensive resource serves as an essential foundation for trainees in ophthalmology while also providing valuable reference material for experienced practitioners. In this latest edition, Dr. John Salmon, from Oxford University, has worked alongside the late Dr. Jack Kanski to ensure the textbook remains an authoritative and up-to-date source of information.
The book follows Dr. Kanski’s proven and effective format, presenting information in a concise and visually engaging manner. It offers authoritative and focused guidance on the diagnosis and management of a wide range of ophthalmic disorders. With its well-organized structure and comprehensive coverage, this visually stunning textbook incorporates the latest advances in the field, facilitating quick comprehension, aiding in exam preparation, and serving as a valuable resource for clinical practice. It is widely regarded as the gold standard in general ophthalmic textbooks.
Key features of the 9th Edition include:
- Targeted text, bulleted lists, tables, and visual aids that highlight important points across all subspecialties of ophthalmology.
- More than 2,600 illustrations, including over 1,000 new images of both common and rare conditions, with arrows to highlight specific pathology.
- Detailed updates on new therapeutic interventions for neurological diseases and ocular tumors, as well as advancements in imaging techniques such as OCT, OCT angiography, and MRI. It also covers new topics like circadian rhythms, graft vs host disease, and the effects of Ebola virus infection on the eye.
- Examination techniques are presented in a separate chapter, and each chapter includes “tips” on key issues.
- Up-to-date information on hot topics, including intravitreal treatment with anti-VEGF agents for macular disease, genetic advances in hereditary retinal dystrophies, the use of biological agents in the treatment of uveitis and scleritis, and new surgical advances such as MIGS for glaucoma and limbal stem cell grafting.
In summary, Kanski’s Clinical Ophthalmology: A Systematic Approach, 9th Edition, is a comprehensive and visually appealing textbook that covers the entire spectrum of ophthalmology. It is an invaluable resource for both trainees and experienced practitioners, offering the latest advancements in the field and serving as a reliable guide for clinical practice.
- Publisher : Elsevier; 9th edition (December 27, 2019)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 956 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0702077119
- ISBN-13 : 978-0702077111
- ISBN-13 : 9780702077111
- eText ISBN: 9780702077135
- eText ISBN: 9780702077142