By Luis Izquierdo MD PhD, Maria Henriquez MD PhD, Mark J. Mannis MD FACS
Offering practical clinical guidance for early diagnosis and effective management, Keratoconus: Diagnosis and Management is a concise, easy-to-read guide to help mitigate loss of vision in patients in a way that does not interfere with quality of life. From early diagnosis and intervention through the most up-to-date treatment and surgical approaches, this consolidated reference covers the essential information needed by cornea fellows and specialists, general ophthalmologists, residents, and optometrists.
- Provides expert, step-by-step guidance and real-world perspectives from global contributors in the field.
- Covers the latest advances in cornea transplantation, corneal collagen cross-linking (CXL) in adult and pediatric patients, intrastromal corneal rings, intraocular lenses, corneal regeneration, and laser surgery.
- Includes quick-reference boxes throughout highlighting essential clinical facts, pitfalls, potential complications, and clinical guidelines.
- Presents real-world case studies of actual patient scenarios from early to advanced disease states.
- Features high-quality imaging for keratoconus at various stages, including OCT, Brillouin scanning microscopy, Scheimpflug and combined Placido and Scheimpflug, combined Placido and AS-OCT, clinical and surgical photos, and more.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Publisher : Elsevier; 1st edition (October 12, 2022)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 632 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323759785
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323759786
- ISBN-13 : 9780323759786
- eText ISBN: 9780323759793