by Amar Agarwal MS FRCS FRCOphth (Author)
Dr. Amar Agarwal, along with over 35 of today’s cataract surgery leaders, explain all there is to know about phacoemulsification and bring their extensive experience with their own surgical nightmares. The book contains 5 sections that gradually escalate from the basics to nightmares, furnishing phaco surgeons with complicated scenarios and the essential guidance to assess, manage, and resolve.
Featuring updated content and brand new, state-of-the-art chapters on a variety of complex situations, More Phaco Nightmares is the toolkit surgeons need to stay in control when facing unique and especially challenging intra- and postoperative complications.
Sample chapters include:
- The Phaco Machine
- Air Pump, Gas-Forced Infusion, and Active Fluidics
- Intraoperative Floppy Iris Syndrome
- Single-Pass Four-Throw Pupilloplasty
- Management of Capsule Rupture at Cataract Surgery
- Malpositioned Intraocular Lens
- Optic Capture
- Glued Intraocular Lens
- Management and Prevention of Negative Dysphotopsia
- Pseudophakic Cystoid Macular Edema
More than 350 illustrations and photographs supplement the text, providing visual as well as textual references for each case. Plus, an accompanying video website contains over 4 hours of new, original, high-quality video content, offering additional visual learning to demonstrate the techniques discussed.
Offering cutting-edge information, More Phaco Nightmares: Conquering Cataract Catastrophes will guide surgeons on how to mitigate the common problems and unanticipated disasters that may arise for even the most experienced surgeons.
- Hardcover: 400 pages
- Publisher: Slack Incorporated; 1 edition (April 16, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1630914398
- ISBN-13: 978-1630914394
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 1.5 x 10 inches