by David Chow (Author)_0
OCT Angiography by David R. Chow and a cadre of renowned authors is an authoritative, richly illustrated guide on a groundbreaking new ophthalmic imaging technique. Optical coherence tomography angiography is revolutionizing ophthalmologic diagnosis and management of retinal disease. The technology is transforming the ocular disease diagnostic paradigm – from the retina to the choroid – enabling precision-tailored patient management.
Noninvasive and more sophisticated than fluorescein angiography, OCTA obviates the need for dye and yields an unprecedented level of detail. The layered visualization of the retina and choroid vasculature delivers greater understanding of retinal disease. From sight-robbing eye diseases affecting millions such as age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and glaucoma – to rare conditions like adult-onset vitelliform macular dystrophy, readers will glean insights on the capabilities of this remarkable innovation.
- Hands-on pearls from trailblazers who have pioneered and implemented the use of OCTA in clinical practice
- Dedicated chapters on AMD, diabetic retinopathy, retinal venous occlusions, arterial occlusions, central serous chorioretinopathy, macular telangiectasia type 2, adult-onset vitelliform macular dystrophy, and high myopia
- Expanding indications for uveitis, ocular oncology, radiation retinopathy, glaucoma, the anterior segment, as well as future applications
- Grand Rounds cases include a wealth of multimodal images and highly informative learning points
This exceptional resource is a must-have for every ophthalmology resident and practitioner. The comprehensive text coupled with high quality illustrations will enable ophthalmologists to leverage the full potential of this technique in daily practice.
- Hardcover: 190 pages
- Publisher: Thieme; 1 edition (October 24, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1626234736
- ISBN-13: 978-1626234734
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 0.8 x 10 inches