A step-by-step guide to performing a wide range of ophthalmic plastic surgery procedures featuring author pearls and tricks of the trade
Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery: Tricks of the Trade by renowned expert Suzanne Freitag and esteemed coeditors N. Grace Lee, Daniel Lefebvre, and Michael Yoon is a concise ophthalmic plastic surgery procedures reference ideal for residents and fellows, as well as more accomplished surgeons who wish to improve techniques and outcomes. Divided into 10 major sections and 46 separate topics, the book provides essential understanding of the basic principles and steps of each procedure, making it a perfect resource to consult prior to performing surgery.
The first two sections include a detailed overview of the anatomy of the eyelids, orbit, and lacrimal system and discussion of fundamental principles of periorbital surgery. The subsequent eight sections cover eyelid trauma, lower eyelid, upper eyelid, eye brow, eyelid reconstruction, lacrimal, orbital surgery, and anophthalmic socket. The final section covers temporal artery biopsy, aberrant eyelash management, and tarsorrhaphy. Each chapter topic is formatted consistently – encompassing goals, advantages, expectations, key principles, indications, contraindications, preoperative preparation, operative technique, complications/bailout, postoperative care, and references.
- A distinguished group of national and international contributors share advanced tips, insightful pearls, and pitfalls to avoid, based on years of experience performing each procedure
- Numerous figures, color illustrations, photographs, and surgical videos demonstrate salient points
- Procedures are presented in a step-by-step manner, thereby enhancing reader comprehension and knowledge retention
This a must-have resource for ophthalmic plastic surgeons. Ophthalmologists, otolaryngologists, facial plastic surgeons, plastic surgeons, dermatologists, and maxillofacial surgeons who perform procedures in the periorbital area will also find it beneficial.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.
- Hardcover: 304 pages
- Publisher: Thieme; 1 edition (November 19, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1626238979
- ISBN-13: 978-1626238978
- Product Dimensions: 8.8 x 0.8 x 11.2 inches