Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus is your one-stop source for comprehensive coverage of all the pediatric ophthalmic conditions you are likely to encounter in practice. Extensively updated with expert contributions from leaders in the field and now featuring online instructional videos, this ophthalmology reference delivers all the state-of-the-art guidance you need to effectively diagnose and manage even the most challenging eye diseases and disorders seen in children.
- Take a holistic approach to patient management that considers the family and ensures optimal doctor-patient relationships.
- Get a balanced view of etiology, diagnosis, and management, and access unique guidance on the practical problems encountered in real-life clinical cases.
- Impresses the importance of systemic disease in diagnosis and management.
- Apply all the latest clinical advances through updated coverage of strabismus diagnosis, management and complications; retinal dystrophies; imaging & investigation; AIDS in children; developmental biology; cerebral visual impairment; child abuse; severe developmental glaucoma; and corneal dystrophies.
- Get rich visual guidance in diagnosis and management from over 1,700 full-color illustrations.
- Access advice from the experts with contributions from several new top researchers and clinicians.
- Find the answers you need quickly and easily through a consistent chapter organization and highly accessible clinical information.
“This textbook on pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus is, simply put, the best available text on this subject matter, bar none!” — Survey of Ophthalmology, Vol. 50, No. 5, September-October 2005, Review of Previous Edition
“this text is an excellent comprehensive resource in pediatric ophthalmology that attains its stated goals of “chapters that are related to each other, were clinically comprehensive and at a very high academic and practical level whilst being a ‘masterpiece of compression’. ” — American Journal of Ophthalmology, Vol. 140, Issue 2, August 2005, Review of Previous Edition
“I compared [this book] to other texts in the same field including several from the past. It surpassed all of them chapter by chapter and in comprehensiveness. This is a marvelous book, which provides comprehensive coverage of the field. I predict it will be the “Gold Standard” text for this field for the foreseeable future.” — Ocular Surgery News, Vol. 23, No. 14; July 15, 2005, Review of Previous Edition “[T]his third edition continues as a comprehensive, abundantly illustrated (with some 1,650 images) reference important to ophthalmologists, optometrists, and pediatricians. All aspects are covered, including diagnostic and investigative guidelines, general principles of management, and detailed consideration of specific diseases. Emphasis is on a holistic approach to patient management that considers the family.” — SciTech Book News, Vol. 29, No. 1; March 2005, Review of Previous Edition
- Hardcover: 1168 pages
- Publisher: Saunders Ltd.; 4 edition (November 19, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0702046914
- ISBN-13: 978-0702046919
- ISBN-13: 9780702046919
- eText ISBN: 9781455737819