Practical Astigmatism features vector planning for refractive laser surgery as well as planning and analysis applied to cataract and limbal relaxing incisions, , in addition to demonstrating graphical analysis of astigmatism using high quality vector and fan diagrams, as used in scientific journals. In addition, hemidivisional analysis of the irregular cornea, corneal coupling in incisional and excimer laser surgery for mixed astigmatism and toric IOL planning with total corneal power using corneal topographic astigmatism (CorT total) are addressed as well.
Some Questions Answered Inside:
- What is the difference between regular and irregular astigmatism?
- How do I diagnose each, and how does this affect my surgical technique?
- Can I incorporate corneal astigmatism when performing excimer laser surgery?
- Why are my LRIs undercorrecting the astigmatism?
- Is it safe to perform excimer laser on keratoconous patients?
- Which corneal astigmatism measure do I choose and what do I do following a refractive surprise?
Practical Astigmatism: Planning and Analysis will help ophthalmologists, optometrists, and technicians alike address each patient’s unique circumstances and act as your in-depth guide to correcting astigmatism.
“For more than three decades I have been listening to, arguing with, and admiring the work of Dr. Noel Alpins in the field of astigmatism. Despite his remote location on the small island of Australia, his knowledge of astigmatism is at the peak of Mt. Everest. There are few others who have devoted their careers to understanding and managing astigmatism for which the world of ophthalmology is truly grateful.” – Robert H. Osher, MD
“Noel is an original thinker who took on and conquered the complexities of astigmatism analysis, publishing the seminal papers on the way. His work has formed the cornerstone from which our current understanding and management of astigmatism has been built. He is someone from whom we have all learnt a great deal and this book is a testament to this.” – Dan Z Reinstein, MD MA(Cantab) FRCSC DABO FRCOphth FEBO
- Hardcover: 250 pages
- Publisher: Slack Incorporated; 1 edition (September 15, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1617119954
- ISBN-13: 978-1617119958
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 0.5 x 10 inches