By Sumit Garg, Douglas D. Koch
Offering authoritative coverage, Steinert’s Cataract Surgery, 4th Edition, takes you step by step from preoperative evaluation and preparation through the full range of surgical techniques and the mitigation and management of complications. New editors, Drs. Sumit (Sam) Garg and Douglas D. Koch, along with a who’s who list of top international experts, provide practical technical guidance on all aspects of cataract surgery in a newly streamlined, easy-to-read format. From IOL calculations to glaucoma and astigmatism considerations, perioperative drug delivery to methods of iris repair, this up-to-date 4th Edition delivers essential clinical information, core foundational knowledge, and advanced techniques from cover to cover.
- Features expert tips on common pitfalls in cataract surgery, including advanced surgical pearls to maximize patient outcomes.
- Contains 10 new chapters covering Modular Intraocular Lenses (IOLs), Femtosecond-Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery, Preoperative Evaluation and Considerations of Astigmatism, Toric Intraocular Lenses (IOLs), Managing Residual Postoperative Astigmatism, Retinal Considerations in Cataract Surgery, Management of Dysphotopsia, Refractive Enhancements after Cataract Surgery, and more.
- Provides rich visual guidance with more than 1,200 diagnostic, clinical, and surgical photos and illustrations with clear explanations.
- Includes more than 50 videos of narrated surgical footage performed by the authors, offering real-time guidance on the full range of the latest cataract surgery techniques.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Provides access to the full-text online at www.expertconsult.com for convenient referencing.
- Includes a DVD of surgical videos performed by the authors, offering you real-time guidance on the full range of the latest cataract surgery techniques, including phacoemulsification in the presence of a small pupil, toric IOL implantation, biaxial microincision cataract surgery, and many others.
- Features expert hints and tips on the common pitfalls in cataract surgery, including advanced surgical pearls to save you valuable time and help you avoid costly errors.
- Offers expanded coverage on how to manage complications, to prepare you for the challenges you face.
- Provides the latest information on phacoemulsification techniques, keeping you on the cusp of these popular procedures.
- Presents new chapters on Aspheric Multifocal, Accommodating IOLs, Color-filtering IOL, IOL design, and Capsular opacification offering you the latest information in this rapidly advancing area.
- Publisher : Elsevier; 4th edition (January 5, 2023)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 724 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323568114
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323568111
- ISBN-13 : 9780323568111
- eText ISBN: 9780323568104