Understand and meet your patients’ eyewear needs with the reference that covers every aspect of dispensing ? from basic terminology to frame selection to eyewear fitting, adjusting, and repairing. System for Ophthalmic Dispensing, 4th Edition, provides a step-by-step system for properly fitting and adjusting eyewear, including the nuances of lens selection, making it an ideal resource both for students who are just learning about dispensing and practitioners who want to keep their skills up to date. Thorough discussions of every topic and hundreds of newly revised and enhanced review questions make this a one-stop educational and clinical resource for today’s eyecare professionals.
- Explains the “how” and “why” behind lens selection to help you better understand and meet the vision needs of those you serve.
- Includes in-depth discussions of all types of lenses, including multifocal, progressive, absorptive, safety, recreational, aspheric, high index, and lens coatings.
- Provides updated coverage of the latest dispensing procedures and equipment.
- Discusses the use of spectacle lenses for the control of myopia.
- Contains more than 700 high-quality figures demonstrating how to adjust frames, the optics of lenses, and how light travels through lenses. Photos are all taken from the perspective of the person who is adjusting the frame.
- Features more than 600 interactive review questions along with answers, explanations, and worked problems―all newly revised for this edition.
- An eBook version is included with purchase. The eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud.
- Publisher : Butterworth-Heinemann; 4th edition (July 13, 2023)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 665 pages