Vitreous Microsurgery, 6th Edition, is an indispensable resource written by a world-renowned pioneer in vitreoretinal surgery, Dr. Steve Charles, along with Drs. Stephen Huddleston and Jonathan Brugger. The book provides a comprehensive how-to guide to all vitreoretinal procedures, taking readers step by step through the decision-making process for evaluating the best course of treatment. The authors describe in detail clinically proven methods of managing the anterior and posterior segment vitreous surgery patient in a systematic manner, aided by numerous algorithms that assist with intraoperative decision making based on physical principles and performed in the order of ascending risk.
• Follows a systematic, building block approach with general methodology preceding its application to specific disease states.
• Includes significant updates to all existing chapters, as well as new coverage of 3D visualization, endoscopy, intraoperative OCT, anti-VEGF for ROP, laser, 2-needle in-office silicone emulsification removal, 2-needle in-office PFO droplet removal, and macular patch graft.
• Discusses alternative approaches for surgical treatments and their pros and cons.
• Features more than 180 3-dimensional, full-color illustrations, many by the renowned graphic artist, Byron Wood, for clear visualization of techniques, as well as new OCT images and new photographs.
• Offers unparalleled instruction, pearls, and tips from Dr. Steve Charles, a pioneering leader in the development of vitreoretinal surgical techniques and instruments.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience: Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone. Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
- Publisher : LWW; Sixth edition (September 16, 2021)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 248 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1975168356
- ISBN-13 : 978-1975168353
- ISBN-13 : 9781975168353
- eText ISBN: 9781975168384