by T. Kim
Curbside Consultation in Cataract Surgery: 49 Clinical Questions has been updated into a Second Edition! The Second Edition contains new questions and is completely updated! Curbside Consultation in Cataract Surgery, Second Edition contains new questions and brief, practical, and evidence-based answers to the most frequently asked questions that are posed during a “curbside consultation” between surgical colleagues. Dr. Terry Kim and associate editors Drs. Derek Delmonte and Preeya Gupta have assembled 49 of the top cataract consultants from the U.S. and abroad to offer expert advice, preferences, and opinions on tough clinical questions commonly associated with cataract surgery in this updated reference. The unique Q&A format provides quick access to current information related to cataract surgery in the simplicity of a conversation between two colleagues. Numerous images, diagrams, and references are included to enhance the text and to illustrate surgical pearls. Some of the questions that are answered inside the Second Edition include:
• My patient has unreliable topography due to ocular surface pathology. What are my options for treatment and IOL selection?
• How do I pick the right IOL formula for my patient with a longer/shorter than average eye?
• My capsulorhexis is heading out peripherally. How should I proceed and what should I do if it tears radially?
• How/when should I change my phaco/fluidics settings in the following situations: IFIS, shallow chamber, high axial length, post vitrectomy?
• I have a radial tear in the anterior capsule. How do I proceed with phaco and IOL implantation?
• When should I use a toric intraocular lens versus astigmatic keratotomy/LRI?
• How do I incorporate femtosecond (FS) laser into my current cataract surgery techniques? Curbside Consultation in Cataract Surgery: 49 Clinical Questions, Second Edition provides information basic enough for residents while also incorporating expert pe
- ISBN-13: 9781617110887
- Publisher: Slack, Inc.
- Publication date: 11/13/2013
- Edition description: Updated
- Edition number: 2
- Pages: 262