David G. Hunter PhD MD (Author), Constance E. West MD (Author)
The popular optics review manual, Last-Minute Optics: A Concise Review of Optics, Refraction, and Contact Lenses, has been revised and updated into a Second Edition. This unique resource boils down the overwhelming subject matter of clinical optics and refraction, helping the ophthalmologist cover the essentials in a single review manual. The content is based upon the practical experience of two clinically active experts who lecture on ophthalmic optics around the world.
This updated Second Edition by Drs. David G. Hunter and Constance E. West includes new questions added to selected chapters and a new chapter covering refractive surgery, as well as a key chapter that helps you evaluate patients with symptoms related directly to optical or refractive concerns. The complex concepts of optics are revealed in easy-to-understand explanations enhanced by simple illustrations.
Last-Minute Optics, Second Edition allows you to test your knowledge while increasing your understanding of optics. Designed in a clear, concise, question-and-answer format, this book allows for self-assessment and a chance to test your understanding before you read the answer.
Features of the Second Edition:
• Written in a light and approachable style to make optics accessible and understandable
• Unique question-and-answer format allows for self-assessment while studying to identify areas where more work is needed
• Perfect for limited study time
• Includes real-life examples that are clinically relevant
• Numerous practical tips to help enhance clinical practice
• Includes 223 questions and answers
Whether you’re an ophthalmologist, ophthalmic technician, resident or student, reviewing the optics facts and concepts is easier with Last-Minute Optics: A Concise Review of Optics, Refraction, and Contact Lenses, Second Edition.
- Paperback: 144 pages
- Publisher: Slack Incorporated; Second Edition edition (April 15, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1556429274
- ISBN-13: 978-1556429279