Jack J. Kanski MD MS FRCS FRCOphth (Author), Brad Bowling FRCSEd(Ophth) FRCOphth FRANZCO (Author)
In Focus Ophthalmology is aimed at all medical and health science students who require an introductory, low cost and highly illustrated guide to this specialty. The material is presented in double page spreads. The left-hand page has a synoptic and highly structured text (normally under the following headings: incidence; clinical features; differential diagnosis; management; prognosis). The right-hand page has a selection of four to six clinical photographs.
Ophthalmology In Focus is a convenient pocket size and therefore ideal for quick preparation before ward rounds. Each volume also includes self-assessment material, which is extremely helpful for preparation for examinations.
Because of shorter hospital stays and more outpatient treatment, students are less likely to be able to see the full range of conditions on the ward – the books in this series help supply that deficit.
- Invaluable source of clinical photographs – students are now less able to be have the opportunity to see – in real life – the full range of conditions that they are expected to know about and that they may be tested on
- Synoptic structured text – ideal for quick preparation before ward rounds
- Includes self-assessment material – picture tests – handy for revision, especially for the all-important ‘OSCE’
- New series name: In Focus
- New series design
- Test revised to include more on management
- Picture tests included in each volume for first time
- Series: In Focus
- Paperback: 184 pages
- Publisher: Churchill Livingstone; 1 edition (January 3, 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0443100306
- ISBN-13: 978-0443100307