The definitive skill-building guide―revised and updated with new content
Clinical Procedures for Ocular Examination is the must-have eye care resource, whether you’re a student, resident, or practitioner. Here, in one concise handbook, is every major clinical procedure used in primary care ocular examinations. Offering ideal preparation for clinical eye exams, the book features detailed, systematic guidance on how to confidently perform all major examination techniques, which are described by purpose, indication, equipment, setup, recording, and examples.
The procedures are accompanied by precise illustrations and photographs, designed to enhance your knowledge and comfort level with the full spectrum of techniques. Updated to reflect the latest research, technologies and techniques, this fifth edition of Clinical Procedures for Ocular Examination represents the single most essential clinical companion in eye care available anywhere.
• Step-by-step procedures for every exam procedure, including techniques that are new to this edition
• Convenient summaries of practical procedures with a focus on methods and indications that removes the distracting noise of theoretical discussion
• New section on best practices for patient privacy and infection control
• New coverage of Ancillary Testing, Ocular Imaging, and Advanced Procedures
• Expanded tables, plus updated references and norms