by Steve Charles MD (Author)
Written by a world-renowned pioneer in vitreoretinal surgery, Vitreous Microsurgery, 6th Edition, is an up-to-date, comprehensive how-to guide to all vitreoretinal procedures. Dr. Steve Charles, along with Drs. Stephen Huddleston and Jonathan Brugger, takes readers step by step through the decision-making process for evaluating the best course of treatment, and describes in detail clinically proven methods of managing the anterior and posterior segment vitreous surgery patient in a systematic manner. Numerous algorithms assist with intraoperative decision making, relying on knowledge of physical principles and performed in the order of ascending risk.
- Presents material in a systematic, building block approach with general methodology preceding its application to specific disease states.
- Includes significant updates to all existing chapters, as well as new coverage of 3D visualization, endoscopy, intraoperative OCT, anti-VEGF for ROP in addition to of laser, 2-needle in-office silicone emulsification removal, 2-needle in-office PFO droplet removal, and macular patch graft.
- Discusses alternative approaches for surgical treatments as well as their pros and cons.
- Features more than 180 3-dimensional, full-color illustrations—many by the Charles Retina Institute’s renowned graphic artist, Byron Wood—for clear visualization of techniques, as well as new OCT images and new photographs.
- Offers unparalleled instruction, pearls, and tips from Dr. Steve Charles, a pioneering leader in the development of vitreoretinal surgical techniques and instruments.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
- Publisher : LWW; Sixth edition (September 16, 2021)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 248 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1975168356
- ISBN-13 : 978-1975168353
- ISBN-13 : 9781975168353
- eText ISBN: 9781975168384